Blue Moon - Mango Wheat Ale
Our head brewmaster, Keith Villa, got the idea for this refreshing, summer beer from spending time on the beaches in Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cancun and wanting a beer that was refreshing with a taste of ripe mangos. The fruit vendors would bring freshly cut mangos and put them on a stick to enjoy in the sunshine. This beer is created with mango and a hint of honey for a mild sweetness with a bright yellow-orange color and cloudy wheat haze.
Awards: Silver Medal, Fruit Wheat Beer 2016 Great American Beer Festival®
- Malts: Malted White Wheat, Honey Malt and Pale Malt.
- Hops: Northwest hop with citrusy, fruity and tropical notes.
- IBUs: 19
- ABV: 5.4%
- A cloudy, yellow-orange colored ale with a rich, white head.
- Ripe mango aroma, balanced with light biscuit maltiness and wheat and hints of honey sweetness.
- Ripe mango flavor with a light amount of wheat and biscuity malt sweetness. Bitterness is low, and balanced with slight clover honey sweetness.
- Light-medium body and mouthfeel.
- Mango notes and malt with clover honey sweetness quickly cleans up from the palate.